Sunday, August 12, 2007

silverware....

We had our monthly parish council meeting at the O'club this morning.  It was a breakfast meeting, and we were one by one, serving ourselves from the buffet.  Our table had not been set with silverware, and as sat down with my plate, our parish priest turned to me and asked, "Do you need weapons?"  I laughed, and said he must have been looking through my window at mealtime, and he said, "Hey, I'm from a big family, too!"

The advance party (about 35 Marines) arrived from Iraq this evening.  It was great to see the families reunited with their Marines.  I look forward to our turn in a few weeks, when the main body gets back.  There will be a lot more people at that event.  Pretty sure I won't have too much trouble finding the one who belongs to me, though!  I can't wait....

No comments:

Post a Comment