Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Playground equipment...

Two sentences a parent ALWAYS needs to take seriously :

"I feel sick"  and "I have to go to the bathroom!"

I took Katie to tennis camp this morning.  It was a good distance away, near a playground, so Colleen, Megan and Shane went with me.  They had a great time on "the spinny metal thing".  As I was pushing them, I thought how sad it is that my kids haven't had the pleasure of living near a merry-go-round.  Not a carousel, but the "burn your bare legs in the summer heat, and hang your head over the edge till your hair touches the sand, and spin till you are so dizzy you can't stand straight, and hang on with your legs out and pretend you are Superman"  merry-go-round.  They've also missed out on the precariously high metal (again, burning in the sun) slides that go extra fast when you ride down sitting on waxed paper.  I remember we would flip over the tops of those slides (about 20ft high, I'd say) before we slid down.  My heart is in my throat even picturing one of my kids doing the same!  But, I digress..........  Colleen got off saying she felt sick (she was a little green), and sat with me on a bench.  Then Shane got off, walked a few feet, and threw up in the sand.  And, threw up a few more times on the 35 minute ride home.  Do you think they were sick because they haven't had 5 and 7 years of experience on the playground equipment we grew up playing on?

I guess I will never know.........

No comments:

Post a Comment