Friday, August 24, 2007

Saint Anthony

I have St Anthony on speed dial.   I lose things all the time.  So do my kids.  It doesn't help that Mick displaces many items.  We've found numerous objects in the air conditioning vents - Barbies, dog food, a cell phone, cd's, etc.    I once found a plastic lizard in the computer's floppy drive.  And, a sock was jamming the printer cartridges another time.  Not to mention the toothbrushes (3 to date) and the rubber shark they've removed from my toilets.   We have our kitchen trash can on a stool so Mick can't reach it, because he also likes to throw things in a trash, which is a good thing, unless it is Kiley's blanket or her shot record (the trash can in the Dr's office is not up high).  I am pretty sure that St Anthony and Mick's guardian angel are well acquainted by now.   

Shane started looking for his sneakers at 7:15 this morning.  The bus comes at 8:10.  At 8:07, he was putting his cowboy boots on , which he loves, but they are 2 sizes too big, and don't look or feel so great with shorts.  At 8:09, I saw his daily schedule and realized he has P.E. today, and wouldn't be able to participate with boots on.  At 8:09:23, I was pleading with St Anthony to cut me a break and lead me to his shoes.  I came upon Mick in the bathroom, (which is his favorite place to be except when he has to go..., but that is a blog for another time!).  I moved the stool to the sink so that he could wash his hands, because I was sure they needed washing since the Groovy Girl doll he was holding was sopping wet.  When I moved the stool - there were Shane's shoes!!!!!!!  Following a rousing chorus of "THANK YOU ST ANTHONY!" Shane ran out the door and made it to the bus stop just as the kids started getting on.

If we hadn't gone with the Irish theme when naming our kids, I am sure it would have been fitting to name a son Anthony considering how many times we've asked him for help!  I bought a  print of St Anthony awhile back with the intention of creating  a small shrine to him in my house- or at least a shelf with a statue, the print and maybe a votive candle on it to light when it's a particularly important or expensive item that is lost!  Think I'll be creating that shrine after I find the print.......

No comments:

Post a Comment