Friday, August 17, 2007

Argh....

We've had a large turnover on the block this summer.  My next-door-neighbor and I are hosting an in-the-yard block party tomorrow, so that all of the neighbors can get acquainted, and the kids can meet each other before school starts. This weekend I also have two extra teenagers staying here (Katie's friend and her sister), and 2 extra dogs.  Molly's friend's family asked if she could go camping in Ohio with them.  Then asked if I could watch their pugs while they are gone.  These dogs are cute, (in an ugly sort of way) and very energetic.  Shane is loving having them here.  When they dropped the dogs off, Molly's friend's dad told me that the male is "completely housebroken", but that Scarlet, the four month old puppy, "will go anywhere except outside".  I thought he was joking.  Apparently, the only thing he was joking about was the male dog, Brutus being housebroken, since he has marked his territory in the house at every opportunity.  Scarlet will go outside, run around, then come in and immediately let loose on the floor.   I now have them confined to the back hall (which has tile flooring).  They don't like it much.  I don't like that now my house smells of dog.  Which isn't at all the impression I want to make to our new neighbors who may have to come in and use the bathroom tomorrow. And I am praying that it won't rain and force the party INSIDE !!!!  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment