Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Names have been changed.....

......to protect the not-so-innocent.

We had company this weekend.  My friend is a recent reader of my blog, and I told her that writing is cathartic for me, and she, as a friend and an English teacher (and mother of teenagers), said nice things about it.  I told her that I've read "anonymous" blogs, where moms make up their kids names, or refer to them by nicknames, or numbers, or whatever, so that their blogs aren't as potentially invasive of their lives.  I once told my kids that I am going to write a book about them, and that I would change their names so they could always pretend it wasn't about them if they were embarrassed.  So, in that vein, I am going to attempt to edit all previous posts to make them more anonymous.  Of course, all readers who already know our family personally will be able to identify which kid I am talking about!  But my kids can always deny the references.  They are good at that...........

You can call me Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment