Tuesday, October 21, 2008

252 sandwiches....

As I was making #s 246-252 peanut butter and honey sandwiches of the school year for lunches tomorrow and because choosy moms choose Jiff (I had a coupon), I was digging at the bottom of the jar and wondering why they don't package peanut butter in shorter, fatter jars?!  Skippy's 3 lb jar is a little better, but you still lose a good bit under the rim.  I am thinking if they put it into containers like the family sized margarine tubs, I'd be wearing a lot less on my knife hand!  I try once in a while to switch things up a bit - sometimes one or two will get pb and j instead, or a turkey sandwich, but I am told that lunch meat sandwiches don't hold up as well, especially when packed the night before.  It amazes me that most of them will eat the same thing day after day (or maybe they don't, since I am not there to see if they actually eat it....).  I found 5 lb jars of honey (now that is a lot of sticky stuff!) for a good price at Costco, which is my favorite place to stock up on school snacks.  Which I have to hide because the gremlins will get them if I don't.  I am turning into my mother - all the snacks are in my closet.  Megan actually told me the other day where she would hide presents (guess who's birthday is in 5 days?!) if she were me.  Do I look that dumb?!

1 comment:

  1. Must be nice to be able to make PB&J or PB&H sandwiches. We have a NUT-FREE" zone policy at the schools and therefore aren't allowed to make any peanut butter and ????? products. Sad thing is that Margaret LOVES peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete