Thursday, October 4, 2007

Competition

As you can imagine, living in house with so many people, there is always competition between family members.  This morning, my oldest was holding my youngest daughter, who was reaching for me, and my oldest said, "I was the prettiest baby, wasn't I?"  I said to her, "You were definitely the easiest baby!" and she was.  She didn't cry much, was content to play by herself, and ate and slept and did all baby things with ease.  She was an ideal baby.  Of course, after this interchange, the others who were also in the room at the time wanted to know what kind of babies/toddlers they were.  Megan was into everything.  I described her as the "most mischeivous".  Shane was content being the "drooliest baby".  When Colleen asked what she was, everyone said at the same time, "You were the fattest".   And she was.  We used to call her "Fatty McFatfat".  This did not make her happy, and she ran out of the room, close to tears, so I went to her and told her that, since she was my only breech-baby, she was closest to my heart before she was born.  That seemed to satisfy her, and she gave me several hugs after that so that she could hear my heart beating.  SAVED!..........until the rest of them come home from school, and Colleen tells them she was closest to my heart, and they all want to know what was most unique about each of them.  I guess I should start preparing.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment