Friday, October 5, 2007

For Kiley

Your sister says you are spoiled.

Your Daddy says you don't like him because you cry when I leave you with him.

Your brother is the first to pick you up if I am not available, and will carry you around to make you happy.

You light up when you see me, and you kick your feet and your whole body responds with joy.  As you smile and reach for me, I know I am the lucky one! 

Sometimes that means that an entire morning goes by, and I haven't accomplished much around the house.  Sometimes I get frustrated because all you want is to be held and talked to, and there is always so much other stuff that I need to get done.  I had a light bulb moment  as I sat up in the wee hours this morning, holding you as you slept, because you awoke each time I tried to put you back in your crib, I felt a wonderful sense of peace.  You tucked your fuzzy head under my chin, and I could feel your deep, even breathing.  And I thanked God for blessing me once again with another human miracle.

One day, you will skin you knee.

One day, you will struggle with math.

One day, some boy will break your heart.

One day, I'll be up all night wondering where you are and if you are OK.

One day, you will assert your independence.

One day, you won't need me anymore.

For today, I will be thankful that I am the only one you need.

I love you, my sweet, sweet baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment