Thursday, October 11, 2007

My head is too small for all of these hats......

My husband's battalion is in a period of transition.  We are losing one battery and gaining another, and our last one deployed will be back in a week or so.  Lots of moving parts!  Our Key Volunteer Coordinator, who has 12 years of KVC experience, is gone, since her husband moved up to Regiment.  She was wonderful (still is, we have a lunch date tomorrow), and I miss her!  Until we can get someone else to take her place, I am the acting KVC and Key Volunteer Advisor. As well as the battalion officer's wives' representative.  I have information I have to pass on to the other wives in the battalion.  Some of it is the same info, some of it applies to only one of the groups.  I am trying to be sure everyone is included and getting the right information.  We are planning a Hail and Farewell here on October 26th, to say goodbye to the officers and staff NCOs we are losing, and to welcome the new joins.  I have absolutely  no idea how many people we are talking about, but we are making it a family event, so there will be lots of kids, as well.  I hope it doesn't rain!

I am also the Thursday parent volunteer in my son's class, A bi-weekly CYO leader, and daily cook, chauffeur,housekeeper and homework helper.  And the night nurse when someone is up all night coughing.  And the emergency contact person when someone forgets to bring something to school.  Sometimes I feel like everyone wants a piece of me.

What do I want?  A nap would be nice..............

No comments:

Post a Comment