Saturday, September 8, 2007

Daddy's Home!

                                              

My husband and his Marines got back at 9:30 yesterday morning.  Even though everyone I spoke to before said there was no way they would be here on base before 10:00, or ready to  go home before 11:00.  These things are notoriously "hurry up and wait" events.  He had told me that his plan was to get everyone released by 9 am.  He called me at 8:20 and said they were an hour away.  I barely had enough time to get myself ready and up to the cp before the buses arrived!  His welcome home banner said "Our Hero is Home", so I had to hang that before I left too!  He asked me why I didn't believe him when he said they'd be back so early.  I had to admit that I believed everyone else, and being that I am a procrastinator, I of course wanted to believe I had more time!  Next time I will take him at his word.  That's why he gets to be the boss...........I could certainly learn some efficiency lessons from him.

He has re-programmed all the radio stations in the van, and is at the barbershop with the boys.  All is right with our world!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment