Sunday, March 4, 2007

3 weeks down.....

OK, I think we're good!  Everyone is healthy, at the moment.  Hoping to stay that way for awhile! 

Although I realize that this baby won't come when I'm ready, I was able to make a good sized dent today in the things I wanted to accomplish before her birth.  I am seriously considering hiring my friend's mom to be my "mamasan" while she is here visiting in the States.  That means that I will be spending extra time cleaning before she comes each time, but who knows, maybe it will force me to stay on top of things around here.  I keep telling these kids that it is getting increasingly hard for me to bend over and pick up stuff off the floor.   It amazes me that they are "blind" to the stuff that gets left lying around on the floor.  Nor does it help that I can't see my own feet!  Of course, Mick's favorite thing to do is throw things - and most of what he actually throws into the trash can (or toilet) ends up being expensive electronic equipment! 

I went to a Division KVA/KVC meeting the other night.  This was the first time I had heard stories of CACO calls, and how they had been dealt with, from people who had been there (none of them lost spouses, but knew ladies who had).  So sad, so hard.  I had two 'hang up' calls two consecutive nights, and it started me thinking about what if it was a CACO officer calling to see if I was home so he could deliver "the news".  I am not a worrier by nature, and I do have 2 teenaged daughters, so I didn't ponder this awful thought for long, chalking it up to likely wrong numbers, or some boy calling to talk to one of my girls.  I am glad that Tim and I have good email comm, and he makes a point of letting me know if he is going to be "out and about" for awhile so that I won't worry if I don't hear from him.  I don't watch the news - we even gave up TV for Lent, and I don't miss it at all.  The kids do, but I don't!  And, wow, are they plowing through some books these days!  I don't feel the need to know everything that is happening in Iraq, and I figure if there is something I do need to know, I will find it out soon enough.  I prefer to spend my days blissfully unaware of the dangers my husband is facing.  I pray (HARD), and I miss him (TERRIBLY), but as long as we can communicate regularly, I am OK.  Thank God for email.........

No comments:

Post a Comment