Friday, March 30, 2007

Kiley Clare...

Well, she is here!  Kiley was born on Monday - a scheduled c-section that took all of about 10 minutes, it seemed.  Everything, and everyone was in place, and all has gone smoothly, I am happy to say!   I am blessed to have my friend Amy here.  She came last Friday, took over my house, did a clean sweep of kids' toys, household items, and clothing, and has been incredibly helpful with the day to day driving, errands, meal prep and cleanup, and everything.  I think she should get out of the Marine Corps and come live with us!  We love having her here!  It was nice to come home to a clean house. 

Kiley is beautiful, and very much loved.  The kids are constantly competing for who gets to hold her.  She is nursing well, although had to go back for a weight check today because she had lost 10oz in the hospital.  My milk just came in yesterday, though, and I was able to convince the Dr that I know the signs and will bring her in if she seems to be having trouble gaining weight.  She loves to be held, and I spend most  nights in the recliner in my room nursing her.  She falls asleep, I put her into her crib, she wakes up, and wants to be held.  It's actually kind of sweet, and it is a good thing the chair is comfortable!  I don't know how long I will be able to maintain that routine, but, recovering from a c-section, it is actually easier to get up out of the chair than it is to get out of bed to feed her.  I feel good physically - no major pain from the surgery.  Staples came out today.  Not happy about how swollen I still am, and will be happy when I have lost the excess fluids.  I have Porky Pig feet.  Back to Weight Watchers in the morning.  They have a nutritional plan for nursing moms, and I have had success with it in the past.

I am sad that Tim isn't here to see her.  Especially since the emails I have sent (with photos of the kids and Kiley) to him since Monday are getting kicked back to me.  He called today convinced that something is wrong since he hasn't heard from me, and he desperately wants to see pictures.  I did an album on Shutterfly today, and hope he can access the pix that way.  It isn't good to get too dependent on email com, I am learning!

1 comment:

  1. I found your jounal and your husband's on the Catholics in the Military website. I enjoyed all of your entries immensely!!! You and your husband are incredibly unselfish and inspirational.

    As part of a large family myself (11 children) and also Catholic, I find it so refreshing to read about a family that is really living the way our Lord wants us to live. It is so rare nowadays to find souls such as yours.

    Congratulations on the birth of your baby. I know that Kiley is BLESSED beyond measure to be a part of your family. I pray that Jesus will keep your husband safe and return him home to his family soon. I also pray for you, Joan, that God gives you all you need to sustain and nourish your family while your husband is serving his country and all of us. I cannot imagine the hardship of missing someone as special as your husband seems to be. I know your children miss him too. I pray that Jesus and His Mother take special care of you and your family. Your children are so blessed to have you and your husband as parents and as such good examples of holy people.

    Thank you both for all your sacrifices!!!

    I look forward to reading more blogs soon!!!

    ReplyDelete