Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Many blessings....

Some friends threw a baby shower for me on Sunday.  It was unexpected, but nice!  I felt a little silly when they told me that they wanted to do this, because, as you can imagine, with 8 kids already, I have a lot of "stuff".  There is nothing I "needed".  I had gotten rid of the baby girl clothes when I found out Mick was a boy, but since learning the new one I am carrying is a girl, I've been stocking up on little pink items!  So anyhow, I had 25 wonderful ladies attend, from different groups of friends, and it was so very nice.  And I got a ton of cute things for baby Kiley.  One of my favorite gifts came from a neighbor - a beautiful, handmade crib quilt in exactly the colors and patterns I would have chosen myself.  She and I play BUNKO together occasionally, but I don't know her that well, and she made this for Kiley, "just because".   Then......today I got an express letter from a friend of my mom's, who was also my 4th grade Catechism teacher.   They had been keeping in touch sporadically over the years, and bumped into each other at a retreat a couple of weeks ago.  I haven't seen her in probably close to 30 years.  This lady wrote me a nice note and enclosed a very generous check "for the baby", from a friend of hers who doesn't even know us!!!!!!!  Wow!  I feel so blessed by the people in my life!  People are so good.......

No comments:

Post a Comment