Friday, February 16, 2007

Sick sick sick....

Ugh.  Since just before Tim left, we have been battling a nasty flu bug here.  It starts out with fever, then cough.  Fever lasts a few days, achy body, cough stays for a week or so.  So far, it has hit most of us (fortunately not Tim).  Mick was up the entire night coughing.  The only way he could sleep was propped up on me, and then I would start to cough, and wake him.  Needless to say, I am a mess this morning.  To look at him, you wouldn't know he got no sleep, but he is still coughing.  None of the usual remedies are working for him, but they did make me a walk in appt at the clinic this morning, when I told them that he has a history of needing supplemental oxygen.  I hope they will be able to give him a shot of steroids, and maybe an antibiotic, as well.  In addition to the cough, he is grinding his teeth, which usually indicates he is either stressed, or trying to relieve pressure in his ears.  We'll see what the Dr says.............

No comments:

Post a Comment