Thursday, January 29, 2009

The importance of refrigeration...

We have an old refrigerator in our garage that we use primarily for milk and bread storage.

Our dog died last August. Tim was out of town when it happened, and told us to go ahead and bury her. Despite buying the heavy-duty shovel, neither Jack, Molly, Timmy nor I were able to dig a hole in the yard deep enough to bury her. We have lots of big rocks and roots in our soil. Who knew? Anyhow, since Tim was going to be home in just a couple of days, we wrapped her up in a soft blanket, bagged her, and I put her in the only box I could find, which happened to be a Bud Lite case. (Minus the Bud Lite) Then I put the box in the garage fridge so that she would not decay and/or be attacked by vermin before Tim got home. Katie used to be a big milk drinker. When she was home for Christmas break she told me that she is now unable to drink milk. When I asked her why, she said it's because I kept the dead dog in the milk fridge. So, if she gets osteoporosis, it will be my fault. Funny, it hasn't affected Tim's taste for beer one bit!

They all think that I killed the dog. I DID NOT! But that's a blog for another time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment