Saturday, February 7, 2009

Bathroom re-do

I decided to finally use the paint I bought on a mystery shop in October. I have painted my upstairs bathroom "Little Dipper". It was Avocado green. Little Dipper looks more like a butter mint to me. I also replaced the light fixture, and the new light, with the yellow paint, caused Shane to say, as he was passing by , "The light! It BURNS!" I think I like it. I am in no hurry to do it again! The general consensus is that it is very bright. Which is OK - I like bright. It's happy. It is definitely better than the green. As I was taking down the mirror in preparation to paint, I remember thinking to myself, "I bet there's a big hole in the wall behind this mirror". There was. And an odd shade of blue paint. I am currently soaking the cabinet hinges in paint remover, and can see that the bathroom was, at one time, two different shades of blue, as well as the green, and white. One of those shades of blue was my least favorite color in the whole world : country blue. Country blue and ducks. Remember that craze? Yuck.

The other morning, I went to Lowes for rollers and brushes, and realized I had left the house in sweatpants (not yoga pants like, "Hey I am on my way to or from the gym"), but my husband's sweatpants (no I did not paint in them...), and a t-shirt, and crocs with socks. What is happening to me? Has becoming a homeowner turned me into a frump who compares paint colors to food?

No comments:

Post a Comment