Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Great Race

My brother John just ran a marathon a couple of weeks ago. His first. He is almost 2 years older than I am. He has started me thinking about the Marine Corps Marathon, which is held here at Quantico in October. I don't particularly enjoy running, but was a little disgusted when I got winded yesterday running to and from my car to the Dollar Tree when I realized I had left my wallet in the car! I would have 10 months to train for the marathon, and how cool would it be to be turning 43 years old and be in the best physical shape of my life?! I asked Molly if she'd do it with me, and she agreed. We shall see. Will this become another one of those things I start and never finish, or might it be the beginning of a newer, healthier me?! Time will tell............

2 comments:

  1. I will be there to cheer you on! I have another friend with that same goal for 2009! Go Joan and Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, maybe I could get my hubby to do it and I could cheer you on too!

    ReplyDelete