Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Crossroads coming...........

My husband is in a good place.  He has just over 20 years in the Marine Corps.  He could retire whenever he is ready.  His ultimate goal when he chose to be a Marine was to attain Lt Col, and to command an artillery battalion.  He has done both.  Now, he is trying to decide if he wants to stay in and try to make colonel, or get out and do something else.  I am not sure what I want, only that I know if he is happy, I will be happy. When he isn't happy, if affects all of us.  I can say that I am a little tired of deployments - I don't like being a single parent, nor do I think I do an especially good job at it.  The sacrifices we have made have all been worth it so far.  I do love the life we've had being a Marine Corps family.  We have met some pretty incredible people and have made forever friends.  There is a security in this life that I am not sure is as easy to come by in the "real" world.  I feel an enormous sense of pride in what my husband has accomplished, and in the kind of man he is.  He is a Marine's Marine in every sense of the word, and I am not sure what career/job  he would be as happy or derive as much personal satisfaction doing.  He's not either.  So we wait.  Wait to see what the future holds for our family.  A little scary, equally exciting.  We will be doing a lot of praying to discern what God wants us to do next..........

No comments:

Post a Comment