Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Infirmary....

Kiley has been sick since Tuesday.  At first I thought it was because I changed her formula.  She has had diarrhea and hasn't been able to keep anything down.  I should have known better than to bring her with me to Megan's biography presentation yesterday.  I left wearing 8 oz of reconstituted formula.   I was at the dentist this afternoon when the school nurse called to let me know that Megan was in her office, having just thrown up her lunch.  When we got home from picking her up, Mick was vomiting, and now Colleen is in the bathroom saying her tummy hurts.  When one of the kids is sick like this, I generally sleep on one of the couches downstairs, and the sick kid sleeps on the other.  It is next to impossible to get down from the top bunk or from a loft bed in time to reach the bathroom, and I have enough laundry thank you very much!  Anyhow, I am not sure what the sleeping arrangements will be tonight - we have only two couches in the living room.  I've already spot steam-cleaned the carpet twice since 3p.m., but I don't know that I want to sleep on the floor!  And the next couches I buy will be leather!!!!   

I hope 3 bottles of ginger-ale and 2 boxes of saltines will be enough.  They are dropping like flies..............

 

No comments:

Post a Comment