Monday, December 26, 2005

Merry Christmas to All!

Another Christmas has come and gone.  We have discarded most of the wrappings, and, inadvertently, the check my in-laws sent to buy the kids' gifts.  Ooops! 

The big hit this year was DDR and PS2 to play it on.  I swore we wouldn't buy ANOTHER video game system, but couldn't find DDR compatible with Game Cube, so here we are.  But, this has been a HUGE hit.  The best thing was seeing my 13 and 8 year old daughters, who rarely speak to one another, dancing side by side nearly all day.  And, ha ha, I beat Molly's friend a few minutes ago.  Who'da thought someone who can't dance to save her life could beat a 13 year old?!  I must admit that Tim beat me on "Play that Funky Music, White Boy", though!  What fun.

Now it's time to think about resolutions for the coming year.  I find losing weight and shaping up will be number one on my list, yet again this year.  Sigh.  With Tim taking command of a battalion in the Spring, I have got to get my life organized, as well!  We will be expected to do some entertaining, and probably not just the "invite everyone over for an impromptu party on the lawn" like we have in the past.   

It is wonderful to have Tim home for the holidays this year.  We missed him last year, and I know that Christmas in Iraq was not nearly as festive or heart warming as it is at home with the ones you love.

We've been blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment