Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Holiday Mania

OK, so it's 12 days until Christmas.  3 days till the kids are out of school for vacation.  Today, I had to send in 2 wrapped "gently used" books to Megan's class for a Christmas book exchange.  As if there is anything in this house that is used gently.  I did manage to find two that had no stains, rips, tears or teeth marks.  I wrapped them in the parking lot of the school just before going to Colleen's class to help with assorted Christmas ornament creation (my job was to put wires on plaster octopi and jelly fish so that I could hand them over to their 5 and 6 year old creators to paint with "washable" paint)  I then went and had lunch with the ladies at a friend's house.  Which is beautifully decorated with many shiny glass ornaments - her kids are 7, 12, and 15.  Maybe someday we will have glass things in our house again.....

So, then I picked Mick and Shane up at their prospective schools, drove them home so that they could take a quick snooze and I could rotate one load of laundry before going up to Timmy's 4th grade Christmas musical production at his school.  Which was delightful, of course.

Back home, then to the commissary to buy food that will be gone in 4 days. If groceries would reproduce the way the dirty socks do around here, I'd probably never hear "there's nothing to eeeeeaaaatttt......". Then again, if I put the dirty socks in the pantry, maybe the kids wouldn't be so hungry all the time.

Tomorrow is Mick's OT and an eval for PT.  Thursday I will help in the Santa Shop at the primary school.  Somewhere between now and 2:50 on Friday, I must find time to wrap and hide for Santa.  I have started hiding stuff in the attic.  There it will remain, if I can figure out how to get it all down on Christmas Eve without waking the kids...........

 

No comments:

Post a Comment