Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Are you smarter than an 11th Grader?

February - 20 degrees, 8am

Daughter gets into car for ride to school after having missed her bus, wearing a t-shirt, jeans and flip flops.

Mom: "Go get a jacket and proper shoes."

Daughter: "I'm not cold."

Mom: "It's 20 degrees out, go get a jacket and proper shoes."

Daughter comes back to car, throws jacket on floor at feet, "I can't find my shoes, besides, everyone wears flip flops."

Mom: "Put your jacket on." Gives up on shoes because 5 minutes means the difference between daughter walking into school herself, or mom bringing 3 sick kids into the school to sign her in.

Pulling up to school. Daughter says, "Can I take my jacket off now?"

Mom: "When you get inside where it is warm."

Daughter: " It's hot in all my classes, and I'll have to carry my jacket around with me all day!"

Mom: "Put it in your locker."

Daughter: "I don't have one."

Mom: "You don't have a locker?! Why don't you have a locker?!"

Daughter: "I don't need one."


Thus begins another delightful day of child rearing.........

1 comment: