Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I got a call from our loan processor this afternoon. She was requesting photocopies of our social security cards (yes, I verified that she was who she said she was). My social security card has red magic marker all over it. This happened several years ago, I believe it may even have been Katie's handiwork when she was little. When it did, I laminated it so as to prevent any further damage. On the back of the card, it says, "Do not laminate this card". As I type this, Kiley is standing and holding on to my leg, with a brown colored pencil in her hand. Sigh. This is my life. I offered to replace the card and photocopy the new one later this week, but I just got an email from the loan processor saying it is fine. So, either she is not legit, or she has kids!

I also called our insurance company to get policy quotes for our car insurance once we move. Our increase will be $431.82 per year, and when we add Katie to our policy, her cost will be $81.53 per month. I've downloaded applications for Kohl's, Ross, Michael's, Borders, and TjMaxx. All are within a mile of our new house. Kathy and Malia will start filling out these applications tomorrow, and I am going to mail them asap! I think there are adequate job opportunities for them in that area.

I also filled the van up from empty today. Haven't done that in a long time. The total came to $105. I started talking with one of my neighbors in the parking lot of the gas station, and when I finally went in to pay, the cashier said, "Is that a government van?" Perhaps I ought to try and make some money myself, by starting a taxi service.......wonder how much someone would be willing to pay for the chance to ride in my lovely, car seat-filled van with the gummy bears stuck to the carpet?! Or the goldfish crumbs on the seats? At least the a/c is cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment