Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Home buying for Dummies....

We are in the final throes (I think) of mortgage approval and all the rest of the stuff that needs to happen so that we can buy our home.  Our mortgage broker (Tim calls him "Skippy") seems like he knows what he is doing, but he wants to give me a class on interest rates, and the stock and bond market, every time we speak.  I think he loves his job and gets excited talking about it, but all I want is the bottom line:  How much will our mortgage payments be per month, so I can budget!  I couldn't care less about the rest of it!  I think his enthusiasm irritates my husband, but at least my husband is asking questions!

I have, however, started educating myself on pool care, and ways to reduce electricity costs.  And how to remove wallpaper.  And how to open up a wall between the kitchen and the dining room.  I need a "Home Ownership for Dummies" guide.  Good thing there is the Internet!

My next-door-neighbor is a personal trainer.  She and another pt have started a 6 week workout program - 1 hour of cardio and 1 hour of pilates/yoga, three mornings a week.  I can't find a reason not to go - it is held at the field across the street from my house, and they are providing childcare.  And it is only $7 per session.  Yesterday was the first class.  Today I feel like I've been run over by a truck.  But, 6 weeks is just about what we have left before we check out of here, so I intend to stick with it, and hope for significant results.  I am neither the most fit, nor the least fit in the class, so I am fairly comfortable.  Except for doing any jumping exercises - take pity on the woman who has had 9 children!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment