Thursday, May 8, 2008

Bugs and stuff...

The doorbell rang at 5:00 this afternoon.  It was a neighbor girl, just turned 13.  She was frantic, and asked me if I would get the ticks off of her.  She had been in the woods, and riding her bike home, she saw ticks crawling up the leg of her jeans.  She said she stopped at my house because she knew I had a lot of kids.   I think I flicked about 12 ticks off of her, and told her to have her mom do a tick check before she goes to bed tonight.  The bugs in Camp Lejeune are BAD.   I pulled no less than 9 ticks from Sean's boy parts not too long ago.  You'd think that he'd start wearing underwear after that - but no.   Apparently, he'll risk ticks to make it harder for his older brother to give him a wedgie.  Mike has fire ant bites on one foot, and I was bitten, on each arm by fire ants during my workout session yesterday.  My left wrist and my right elbow are swollen, red and itchy.  I won't miss these bugs in VA!

No comments:

Post a Comment