Saturday, April 19, 2008

Life is Good!

We got back from our house hunting trip just under an hour ago.  Everyone is asleep, and I am hyped up on caffeine from the coffee I drank 3 hours ago!  I just finished balancing my checkbook and am happy to say there is a little money in there.

Our trip was incredibly successful.  We put an offer on my # 1 house (which I have had my eye on since it was listed a month ago), and it was accepted!  The price was fair, and we have submitted all necessary paperwork for the mortgage.  We looked at about 25 houses, and this one remained our favorite.  5 bedrooms, a rec-room for the kids, 2 car garage, renovated kitchen, and a large fenced in yard. The house is big enough, but not too big.  I am equally excited about and terrified of the 18 x 32 foot in ground pool in the backyard.  I will be calling for safety fence estimates starting on Monday!  The guy I called while we were still there said they don't service Stafford.  The best thing is, I was able to meet the lady who owns the house today, during the inspection.  She was lovely, and asked us if we wanted several items to convey, including two desks, and the wrought iron gazebo and canopy that is on the deck.  She told me that Santa Claus comes down the street every Christmas Eve, and for the price of $1 per child, he will call out the kids' names and deliver gifts to them!  How cool is that?  She said our subdivision is famous for that.  And guess what?!  THE BUS STOP IS AT THE END OF THE DRIVEWAY!!!!!  The house has been lovingly cared for, and it was nice to meet the person responsible!  We have a good feel for the neighborhood, and the house.  It passed the inspection with just minor items needing attention.

In one week, we looked at houses, put an offer on one house, went to the DC zoo, had dinner with our friends who also have 9 kids, signed a purchase contract, had the house inspected, got haircuts, and went to Busch Gardens.   All in all, a very successful trip.  Now I have to concentrate on getting this house ready for us to move out of.

Makes me tired just thinking about it.......

No comments:

Post a Comment