Wednesday, March 8, 2006

What to Expect....

Timmy and I were at the library checking out books, when I overheard the lady next to me asking the librarian to look up What to Expect When You are Expecting.  There were no copies available, and several checked out and already on hold.  I told her that I had a copy at home she could have if she wanted it, so she and her husband followed us home.  Upon entering our house, they were greeted by Mick, in a less-than-clean diaper (Katie was babysitting, but "didn't notice that he was stinky")  Welcome to parenthood, the good, the bad and the smelly!  They appeared to have a sense of humor, luckily!  I gave her the original book, plus "What to Eat when You are Expecting", What to Expect the First Year, and What to Expect the Toddler Years.  As well as A Child is Born, which is old and has some pretty graphic childbirth photos, but also has some awesome photos of babies in utero, in various stages of development.  Of course, this pretty much guarantees that I will be pregnant within a month.  But.........I already know it all, anyways!!!  And, I am officially old.  She is 22.  This is her husband's first duty station, and he looks like he is about 15.  I remember those days like they were yesterday.  Where the heck does the time go?

 

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy seeing the newbies.lol does make you wonder how you survived the military way as long as you have huh.lol
    I just popped in, hope you dont mind if I drop in again soon.
    have a good one,
    april

    ReplyDelete