Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Surgery results...

OK, it's done.  I had the surgery a week ago, and my face is healing well.  I have a shiny forehead, that is about 1/2 inch higher than it used to be, but no more "cracks on my forehead" - quote from Colleen, who is 5.  And, I have eyelids that you can see!  That saying, "You get what you pay for" kept entering my mind (the whole thing was free for me), but I am happy to say that the results are good.  The staples in my head (all 15) come out tomorrow, and I should be able to experiment with makeup next week, when the bruising and swelling are completely gone.  My kids have been inviting their friends over to see my staples.  Nice to know this surgery has been amusing for all....Tim saw my face before I did, and said, "Did you want to look like Oprah?"  Nice.  He also wondered aloud if  this dr was trying to be the first American Doc to perform face transplants.  Funny guy, my husband....

No comments:

Post a Comment