Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Dang these kids! Or, these Dang kids!

I found out today that the kids (the middle ones) broke my rocking chair on Sunday, while Tim and I were out. One was sitting on it at the computer, the other two were standing on the sides of it, rocking it furiously, when one rocker snapped right off. Did they tell me about it when I got home on Sunday? No. I noticed it tonight when I was bringing something downstairs to put in the garage. I had had a conversation with a friend of mine, another mother of 9, on Sunday afternoon about having so many kids. We talked about the wear and tear everything takes, and how it is wise not to get too attached to anything in your house. This was our oldest piece of furniture. Tim bought it for me for Valentine's Day when I was pregnant with Katie. That doesn't exactly make it an antique, but it was special! So now, those kids (and the two we left in charge that day) have lost computer privileges for two weeks. Timmy (who was a neutral party) said he would try and fix it for me. I've decided I want porch rockers for Mother's Day. And Tim and I will be the only ones allowed to sit in them........

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, you sound so much like I do! My husband just looks at me funny when I say things like that. Like, "you don't really mean that..."

    I understand your feelings. Hubby isn't attached to any objects at all, well, except for maybe the tv and it's remote! =P

    ReplyDelete