Monday, May 21, 2007

Another day...

My 7 year old is home with strep, and my 12 year old has stomach flu symptoms.  Just called and cancelled the cleaning ladies for tomorrow.  While my house could use a good dose of  disinfectant, I don't think it would be fair to expose them to these germs while they are still "fresh"!  I do hope Kiley doesn't get sick.  So far she has been healthy, and is finally starting to put some weight on.  She is a cutie, but spoiled ROTTEN!  She is starting to smile, but I haven't had the camera ready in time.

School is out in 24 days!  I am not sure how I will  survive the summer with the kids home all day.  I dont' know how my homeschooling friends do it!  I love my kids, but I also relish the couple of hours of "quiet time"  I get when most of them are in school.  6 of the kids got into the Operation Purple summer camp program.  That will be fun for them.  And, Mick will go to summer school from 8-12 during the month of July.  They will even go swimming as part of the program, which will be good therapy for him.  I am looking forward to a visit from an old friend, as well.  She and I were nannies together in NY from 1987-1989.  I haven't seen her in about 5 years.

I got an email from my husband that he is back from his latest venture.  I breathed a sigh of relief.  For some reason, I was uneasy this time, when he called to tell me he would be "out and about".  It is not in my nature to worry a lot, but from the little bit of news I've seen, things have been heating up (and not just the temps) in Iraq.  While he could probably get away with spending all his time at the camp, in relative safety, that is not his nature.  He wants to see what his Marines are doing, and wants to be part of the action.  I also know he is happiest when he is in the middle of things.  I am glad he got back safely.

1 comment:

  1. hope the kiddies get better fast. I just hate when my babies dont feel well ;)

    Glad your Marine is doing well and staying safe.

    Keep up the good work hun!

    ReplyDelete