Monday, January 9, 2006

Blepharoplasty....

OK, so 2 weeks ago, we had a visit with Mick's ENT for follow up for his ear tube placement.  In his office was a pamphlet for BLEPHAROPLASTY.  Which is surgery to lift saggy eyelids.  My mom had this surgery about 10 years ago upon her drs' recommendation because one eyelid was actually impairing her vision.  I casually mentioned this to Mick's dr, and asked him what conditions had to be met to have insurance cover this procedure.  He said, "For yourself?"  and I said that I figured I will probably need/choose to have it done someday, as my mom did.  Like, someday in the future.  He pulled my face this way and that, and concluded that in fact, I would be a good candidate for upper-lid blepharoplasty and an endoscopic brow lift!!!!  Unfortunately, he does not do lipo or tummy-tucks......

So, here I am , scheduled for plastic surgery.  I am not nervous or scared, just still a little surprised that this is happening.  Before the Extreme Make Over shows became popular, I don't think I ever would have considered something like this.  But, it's amazing what a little lift here and there can do for your appearance!  I always hoped to age gracefully, and wonder what choosing this says about me.  I asked Katie what she thought, and she said she thinks it's rather shallow and vain.  I found myself proud of her for saying this, since she is 15, and I am happy that she isn't sucked into "appearance is everything, at any cost".  But, she is young, and beautiful. 

I have asked my friends, who are my age, what they think, and the general consensus is that I should do it now, while I can enjoy the results, if I will probably need to do it later anyhow.  Even my mother concurs.  And Tim is OK with it, too.  I expected him to put up a little resistance, but he didn't.  He says I have "Little beady Brennan eyes".  Half of our kids are lucky to have inherited the Parker eyes.  The others may be candidates for this procedure in the future.  I know I don't want it badly enough to pay for it, but since insurance will cover it, I am scheduled for surgery on Valentine's Day.  Here's hoping I don't come out looking like I've been through a wind-tunnel, or with a permanent look of surprise on my face.  The Dr promised this wouldn't happen...............

No comments:

Post a Comment