Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Clowning around

So today I got a phonecall from Mick's substitute teacher. She told me Mick was under a table in the classroom and he wouldn't come out. He was laughing and sticking out his tongue and being generally silly and obnoxious and hard to handle. She said she told him she was going to call me, and when she told him I was on the phone, he came out from under the table and picked up the phone. I asked him if he was being naughty, and he said, "Yeah". I told him he needed to listen to his teacher, and that he needed to tell her he was sorry. I heard him say "Sorry" to the teacher, and he gave the phone back to her. When the bus dropped him off this afternoon, the bus assistant told me he was licking his shoes, and was that OK with me? Um. Not usually. Unless of course, he has stepped in some particularly delicious melted ice cream or something.... ugh. So, he went to his room and had to stay there, without an audience, for 15 whole minutes before he could EAT (which is his absolute favorite thing to do in the whole world!). I do believe these silly spells are worse than if he was throwing a fit or having a tantrum, which he rarely does. It is hard not to laugh when he is performing these antics, because he can be funny. For about 30 seconds. But the noodle legs and the silly stuff gets old fast. Knucklehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment