Monday, April 3, 2006

It is what it is.......

I get crazy when people think that there is an ulterior motive for everyone else's actions.  When I can't say something that someone else will read the wrong way, or try to interpret to feed their own insecurities.  I find myself apologizing for not being more sensitive to the fact that someone else might think there is more to what I am saying than the simple facts.  I like to think I am an honest person.  I have a very hard time with people who lie - no matter what they are lying about.  We don't lie about our kids' ages to get discounts at amusement parks.  I try to stress to my kids how important it is to be truthful, even when it is difficult or costly.  And I try to be a good example for them in this regard.  Which is why I have a hard time understanding why my words or actions are questioned.  IT IS WHAT IT IS!!

On the other hand, I can't help but feel sorry for the people who live their lives looking over their shoulders, anticipating a knife in the back.  I suppose I am lucky and blessed to not be jaded.  To have had a great childhood - wonderful, loving parents who stayed married, and a husband who is faithful, and who I love more with each passing year.  I'd like to think that I would be happy and hopeful, even if that weren't the case.  But, I guess I will never know.  Nor do I want to find out!

1 comment:

  1. those are some heavy thoughts. It sound like you know what you have and are happy with it. You get back what you give......
    april

    ReplyDelete